Saturday, June 1, 2013

#ImageCheck Part 1


Ever wondered why so many guys are blowing up your inbox or phone, hitting on you, or trying to talk to you? Have you even tried to ask God if you've been fully delivered from your promiscuous past and if so, still asking why you're being bothered by young men in&out of the Body of Christ? Have you ever looked forward to receiving tons of text messages, Facebook messages, or tweets from thirsty guys? (when in all reality they just want you for sex) Have you ever enjoyed the attention of an over excessive amount of men wanting to "get to know" you? But what if it's the other way around, when no one is blowing up your inbox and no one is hitting on you, no male interaction at all????

#IMAGECHECK

How are you presenting yourself ladies? And as one of my sister's in Christ spoke about, What kind of sign do you have on your store? Is it telling men that you are easy, trashy, and down for "anything"? Or is it telling men that you are a woman of class, morals  and standards that abide by the Word of the Living God? In other words, how are you advertising your "products" or "assets"? 

1 Corinthians 6: 19-20 MSG
Didn't you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit? Don't you see that you can't live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body.




Are your pictures portraying a seductive, sexual, lustful woman? In other words, is your image, the image of a woman that was described as a "Delilah", one whom used her attractive looks to manipulate Samson? Or is it the portrayal of a Jezebel, one whom has the same intentions of a "Delilah" along with carrying the whereabouts to seduce to get what she wanted? Because even if you're not these things, you can still be viewed this way based on your initial presentation.

Now I know some of you may love the attention, you're probably eating it up! And you also may say "what woman doesn't like the attention?" However, we have to take a step back and #check our motives and intentions for doing the things that we do, analyze why we do them, look at the audience that we are inviting while doing these things, and along with that, interpret why they've become your audience! You don't need 300 text messages or Facebook and Twitter inbox messages to justify your beauty. In the same way, it shouldn't be used as a mechanism to "boost your confidence". The Lord has already expressed that you are "fearfully and wonderfully created", so why do you need man to confirm that?   

Genesis 1:27 
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

With this scripture in mind, have you been presenting yourself with a positive image that brings glory and honor to the Father who says that you were made in HIS image? Or are you representing something else that degrades His image? If someone was to write a book about your life that was only described with pictures, will the pictures be viewed as Holy and pure? Would someone be able to support and says "she looks like Christ"? Or would they say "she looks like a piece of meat, only waiting to be devoured by starving men only wanting to have sex with her"?

"Everything that God made valuable in the world is covered and hard to get to. Where do you find diamonds? Deep down in the ground, covered and protected. Where do you find pearls? Deep down at the bottom of the ocean, covered up and protected in a beautiful shell. Where do you find gold? Way down in the mine, covered over with layers and layers of rock. You've got to work hard to get to them.Your body is sacred. You’re far more precious than diamonds and pearls, and you should be covered too.”

My Experience:



My past represented my image that was soon to be transformed into a woman who portrayed the image of Christ Jesus.

In my past I've experienced all of the scenarios that was brought to the table in the beginning of this post. I was that girl who received tons of messages in response to my outer appearance that was viewed as degrading and unholy and just unfit to be called pure. In addition to that, my post and comments didn't make my image any better. I was the girl who fished for the attention of man. I was also the girl who didn't receive any interaction or attention from men at all! These situations happened at different levels of my life up. And now I've become the girl who has been made new in the Body of Christ, have been delivered and set free from my past, and represent Jesus in my language and pictures on all Social Networking websites. 

YET STILL RECEIVE THE "WHAT'S UP", "YOU CUTE", 
OR "CAN I GET TO KNOW YOU" MESSAGES!!!


I used to get suppperrrr annoyed with the inbox messages from random guys! It eventually started to agitate me and I began to delete every message that was sent to me through Facebook and even blocked them, {but it still never stopped!} then I began to ask God, why is this happening? I was like, well since I don't portray the seductive image anymore, why am I still being bothered? I then questioned my image and how I was presenting myself publically.  I looked over my images and recent posts or tweets, and even Instagram images to see if I've fallen short of representing the Kingdom and presenting the image of Christ. I asked God to cleanse me from every connection that wasn't of Him, to remove my past desires for His hearts desires, and to take away any soul tie or unclean spirit that may have attracted that same spirit! (meaning if you portray yourself as lustful, you will attract that same lustful spirit) But after taking an #ImageCheck, all that I thought was to be the reason didn't line up with the Christ like image that I have been trying to portray.

They CLEARLY saw that I have a boyfriend, and also talk about God on EVERY post I put on Facebook, in addition to that, I am completely covered in my profile pictures! But then God told me that it's not because of your appearance, it's because of Him,! My image became Holy when I turned my life to Christ and became evident through these public websites! 

Once I've been made perfect in Christ,  no matter how many times I deleted the randoms, ignored the messages, or even fuss, the light that shines through me cannot be contained. Just like flies are attracted to the fluorescent fly lights, it's as if they have to have the light, but if they get to close to it they just might get zapped! And like the Glory of the Lord that shines so brightly, if you get too close, it'll blind you! 

That's what they see in YOU, they are attracted to the anointing, "the light" that shines through you, but if they try to take it too far, God will protect you and they'll get zapped! It's because of the anointing that's upon your life! Not only are you beautiful on the outside, but the light that shines on the inside is even more beautiful! The attraction is not only towards your physical features, or outward appearance but by the anointing that glows on your face! YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL, INSIDE AND OUT! So don't be alarmed, praise God for only confirming that you are His child and others are noticing it!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment